Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is a new tasty twist on an old favourite, with just one thing missing - the added sugar! It's still a complete feed with no need for any extras and it has the same nutrients, vitamins and minerals to help keep horses and ponies looking and feeling fabulous, and their feet in great condition.
Healthy Hooves Molasses Free contains just 2.5 per cent sugar, which is found naturally in the fibrous ingredients
Starch levels are also extremely low, at just 1.5 per cent, because the feed is completely free from cereals or grains, which are the main source of starch in mixes and cubes. These low levels of sugar and starch - less than any other complete fibre feed on the market - make Healthy Hooves Molasses Free the safest option today for horses and ponies that are prone to laminitis.
KEY BENEFITS OF HEALTHY HOOVES MOLASSES FREE
• Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free has a full range of B vitamins including biotin at levels that research has shown to be effective at maximising hoof health – to get the benefit of these nutrients the recommended quantities need to be fed
• Low sugar and starch - research has shown that horses and ponies predisposed to laminitis are at greater risk if fed cereals. Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is free from whole cereal grains.
• Chelated Trace Minerals - these are important for improved bio-availability to the horse, i.e. they are more easily absorbed. Trace minerals are important for general condition including hooves and coat condition and are also integral components of the body’s antioxidant system.
• Essential High Fibre -fibre provides slow release energy and is essential for maximising gut health.
• Highly palatable - Healthy Hooves Molasses Free contains added garlic for great palatability and pellets for added interest.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF FEEDING HEALTHY HOOVES MOLASSES FREE
Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is designed to be fed as the sole bucket feed alongside your horse’s normal hay/haylage ration. It is important that it is fed at the recommended quantities in order to provide the levels of nutrients your horse or pony requires; feeding less may affect condition and performance. If using less than recommended quantities, a broad spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement should be used alongside. Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is intended for horses and ponies at rest or in light work if fed as the sole bucket feed.
Feed 500g of Healthy Hooves Molasses Free per 100kg of your horse's bodyweight. Fibre weighs very little compared to mixes or cubes. It is important to weigh your scoop to ensure that you are feeding the correct amount. A large Stubbs scoop holds approximately 500grams.
Horse or Pony Size Guide (hh) Approx Weight Bucket Feed per day
Small Pony (eg: Welsh Pony, Exmoor) 9–13 200kg 1kg or 2 scoops
Large Pony (eg: Fell) 13.1–14.2 300kg 1.5kg or 3 scoops
Small Horse (eg: Arab) 14.3–15.2 400kg 2kg or 4 scoops
Medium Horse (eg: Thoroughbred) 15.3–16.2 500kg 2.5kg or 5 scoops
Large Horse (eg: Warmblood) 16.3 and over 600kg 3kg or 6 scoops
Burnhill Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TIP! - The quickest way to get a delivery quote is to add the desired products to your basket, go to the checkout and click "Get Delivery Estimate"
We aim to dispatch all orders received before 2pm the same working day (with the exception of some items that clearly show a delayed dispatch notice on the product image).
The order may also be delivered to your place of work or left in a safe place at the chosen delivery address (safe place does not require a signature but is left at the customers own risk). Please be aware all orders require a signature upon delivery, unless requested otherwise. Delivery charges are calculated on the delivery weight that we assign to a product. This may differ from the actual weight of the product, for example, in instances where the bulky nature of the product means increased postage costs apply. If there is no one in to sign for the delivery and a safe place has not been selected a card will be left and an automatic re-delivery will be attempted the next working day. If for a second time the delivery has not been signed for a second card will be left detailing how to re-arrange delivery. If no attempt is made to re-arrange delivery, the order will returned to us. If the order is returned to us after the second card attempt we will incur a charge which may be passed on to the customer.