Carr Day & Martin Killitch is proven to prevent and treat sweet itch in horses and ponies. If used as a preventative measure in early Spring prior to the symptoms becoming evident, the condition may not take hold.
Killitch is an AVM-GSL licensed product with active ingredient benzyl benzoate in a soothing lotion and is specially formulated for horses.
• Apply to all affected areas by rubbing in with fingers or soft cloth as soon as sweet itch is diagnosed and for the remaining part of the sweet itch season.
• Initial application of Killitch (75ml) should be made twice daily, reducing to once daily and then 3-4 times a week as the irritation lessens.
• All affected areas should be kept clean by shampooing and rinsing well at least once a week. After shampooing or heavy exercise, re-apply to ensure adequate protection.
• With horses which are known to suffer from sweet itch, it is recommended that Killitch is applied in the early spring before symptoms become evident, so that the condition may never take a hold.
• Benzyl benzoate 25% w/v - a creamy white soothing lotion.
• AVM-GSL – Authorised Veterinary Medicine - General Sales List. This denotes a licensed medicinal product which has undergone rigorous testing for safety, efficacy and quality.
Burnhill Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We aim to dispatch all orders received before 2pm the same working day (with the exception of some items that clearly show a delayed dispatch notice on the product image).
The order may also be delivered to your place of work or left in a safe place at the chosen delivery address (safe place does not require a signature but is left at the customers own risk). Please be aware all orders require a signature upon delivery, unless requested otherwise. Delivery charges are calculated on the delivery weight that we assign to a product. This may differ from the actual weight of the product, for example, in instances where the bulky nature of the product means increased postage costs apply. If there is no one in to sign for the delivery and a safe place has not been selected a card will be left and an automatic re-delivery will be attempted the next working day. If for a second time the delivery has not been signed for a second card will be left detailing how to re-arrange delivery. If no attempt is made to re-arrange delivery, the order will returned to us. If the order is returned to us after the second card attempt we will incur a charge which may be passed on to the customer.